Work Smarter Not Harder, Be a Productive Hustler
Work-life balance is one initial foundation to make us more productive and creative. We need to stop the glorification of working longer hours. Instead, we should be encouraging working smarter hours. We are not a robot, we have life and that’s the important thing to take care of.
The basic thought of “I have to work hard for the bills that I have to pay” is not wrong but it’s not truly true either. Time management is one of the important skills to master. Your brain need rest as well as your body. You have a family and people surround you that need your existence. Here is the case that someone got a brain attacked because of the toxic working hours and behavior. This is should be our warning as the yellow flag when we feel too much to our work.
“Focus on being productive instead of busy.” Tim Ferriss
All work and no play makes for a dull, unproductive, and uncreative life. Take time to unwind, turn off, daydream, and have a life. That will result in better work.
You can still be more productive without working longer-hours by increasing productivity and become highly efficient with these habits that you should looking up to:
- Focus on more important tasks first: You should know your priority
- Cultivate deep work but still give yourself to rest
- Use the 80/20 rule: To maximize efficiency, highly productive people identify the most important 20% of their work. Then, they look at ways to cut down the other 8-% of their schedule to find more time for the things that make the biggest impact
- Break tasks into smaller pieces, so that you can see which one to finish first
- Don’t multitask: When you try to multitask, you aren’t really doing two things at once — you’re rapidly switching your focus between two things
- Fill the tank, recharge: Your energy is as important as your time for productivity. Sleep, exercise, eat well, then get outside to soak up some sunshine
- The important thing is take a break! Scheduling breaks can keep you feel fresh and productive throughout an entire day
Remember, we only live once, so don’t waste your time just for working, be socialize, get a life, take some rest, and you will be a good hustler.